What are the most important Forex Market Regulators?
Photo: google Image
The most important forex market regulators cover the jurisdictions where most of the world’s forex brokerage businesses are located. In reality, it is not possible to have forex brokers in every country. The forex market is decentralized and therefore you will see some traders in countries not served by forex brokers, opening accounts with offshore brokerages willing to do business with them. These traders, located in areas that are geographically separated from the brokers they deal with, therefore rely on forex regulation of these brokers to keep them safe.
These regulators are as follows:
- ASIC – Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- BaFIN – The Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (Germany)
- CFTC – Commodities and Futures Trading Commission (United States)
- CySec – Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
- FCA – Financial Conduct Authority (United Kingdom)
- FFMS – Federal Financial Markets Service
- FINMA – Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority
- FMA – Financial Market Authority (Austria)
- FSA – Financial Services Agency
- FSB – Financial Services Board (South Africa)
- Financial Services Commission – BVI
- Financial Services Commission (FSC) – Mauritius
- IFSC – International Financial Services Commission
- FSP NZ – New Zealand Financial Service Provider
- ISA – Israel Securities Authority
- MFSA – Malta Financial Services Authority
- SEBI – Securities and Exchange Board of India
- VFSC – Vanuatu Financial Services Commission
- UAE – Abu Dhabi Central Bank
From this list, you can see that some of the forex regulators we have today are made up of independent government-formed agencies, and in some cases, the responsibility of regulation is taken up by the central bank of the host country.
Reprinted from Forexbonuses, the copyright all reserved by the original author.
Edited 04 Jan 2021, 16:49
Disclaimer: The content above represents only the views of the author or guest. It does not represent any views or positions of FOLLOWME and does not mean that FOLLOWME agrees with its statement or description, nor does it constitute any investment advice. For all actions taken by visitors based on information provided by the FOLLOWME community, the community does not assume any form of liability unless otherwise expressly promised in writing.