The 3 primary drivers of the higher gold price
A snippet from a note via Citi on the primary driver for the higher gold price:
- The record pace of ETF investor inflows
- a weakening USD
- negative real yields
- short-term targets to ~$2,100/oz
- 6-12m targets breaching $2,300/oz seems plausible
- The contraction in global jewelry demand for 2020 persists and still appears worse than the GFC. This may put downside risks on gold.
- Russia (CBR) has paused fresh purchases as of April.
- The PBoC has not increased gold holdings since last September/October, either.
- Total net buying of EM CBs should slow dramatically in 2020.
Reprinted from forexlive, the copyright all reserved by the original author.
Disclaimer: The content above represents only the views of the author or guest. It does not represent any views or positions of FOLLOWME and does not mean that FOLLOWME agrees with its statement or description, nor does it constitute any investment advice. For all actions taken by visitors based on information provided by the FOLLOWME community, the community does not assume any form of liability unless otherwise expressly promised in writing.